Travel to Piedmont, Italy
Wine and Food experiences through the Langhe Hills in Piedmont Region – Italy
Here, everything revolves around wine. The answer lies in the “terroir”, a French word that identifies all those factors (environment, farming techniques, protection of designations of origin) that allow you to understand the relationship between the vine and its environment. And, in the Langhe, this relation is presented as one of the most privileged in the world. The valleys (which create different microclimates and ideals), the temperature (which increases the concentration of aromas in the skins), the composition of the soil (which has begun to form sixteen million years ago), the substrates loamy, calcareous and sandy alternating, give life to an extraordinary variety of wine grapes. The Langhe are not only famous for the wine, but also for the remarkable cuisine, which is using the specialties of the area, especially the truffle and cheese. You will be able to live an unique journey that will drastically improve your knowledge in wine and food.
Buon Viaggio e buon divertimento
Talk to us!
Please complete the form to have Marco Avigo Tours contact you.
Piedmont, Italy Tour Program
Maximum size group 14 people
Transfer from Malpensa airport to Montelupo Albese with our private bus. Lunch in the Hotel Ca del Lupo. Later in the afternoon, transfer to the Hamlet of Barolo for a visit to the WIMU Wine Museum and a wine tasting at the “Enoteca Regionale del Barolo”. Transfer to Sinio village for our first wine dinner at the restaurant “Osteria del Maiale Pezzato”.
After Breakfast, transfer to Alba city to visit the historical Truffle store Morra with presentation of their products and a little tasting. From Alba, transfer to Ferrere village to visit the Agrisalumenria Luiset. Here we will follow all the stages on salami production and we will have a light lunch with their products. In the afternoon transfer to the Hamelt of Grinzane. Visit to the castle. Return to the hotel. Wine dinner at the restaurant “Ca’ del Lupo”.
After breakfast, transfer to the village of Valcasotto. Visit to the cheese factory of Occelli Family. Lunch with cheeses specialty in their own little “Trattoria”. In the afternoon, Barolos’ wine tasting at the winery “Damilano” in Barolo. Wine dinner at the “Trattoria in Piazza” in Montelupo Albese.
After breakfast, transfer to the Hamlet of Barbaresco, visit to the tower, and Barbaresco’s wine tasting at the winery “Produttori del Barbaresco”. Lunch at the restaurant “Casa Nicolini” in Barbaresco. In the afternoon visit and wine tasting at the Enoteca Regionale del Barbaresco. Return to the hotel. Our last wine dinner in Langhe Region will be at the “Locanda in Cannubi” in Barolo.
After breakfast, check out and transfer to Ponzano Monferrato for a wine tasting and a “Rustic” lunch at the winery “Alemat”. In the afternoon transfer to Milan at the four star hotel and Spa “Enterprise”. Seafood wine dinner in a typical restaurant in Milan.
Day at your leisure visiting Milan and for some shopping. You will be able to admire the Duomo and the Galleria. Typical “Milanese” wine dinner at the “Osteria delle Corti”.
After Breakfast in the Hotel, we will drive to the airport for your depart to USA.
PLEASE READ WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Four nights in a Four Star Hotel in Montelupo Albese
- Two nights in a Four Star Hotel and Spa in Milan
- Transfer from and to Malpensa Airport
- Private bus for all the tour
- Six buffet breakfasts
- Six wine dinner – Four through the Langhe region – Two in Milan
- Three lunch and two small bites
- Visit to three wineries with private wine tastings
- Wine Tasting to the Enoteca Regionale del Barolo
- Wine Tasting to the Enoteca Regionale del Barbaresco
- Visit to the Wine Museum inside the Barolo castle
- Visit to the the Cheese factory in Valcasotto village
- Visit with tasting in the truffle store in Alba
- Visit with tasting in the salumeria store in Alba
- Free Spa at the hotel in Milan
- Full service of your hosts Marco Avigo
- Personal items, such as additional food and beverage orders, telephone, room service and laundry service, special arrangements before and after the program; service charges, taxes, insurance, and others items not specifically mentioned as included
- Insurance for trip cancellations, luggage loss or damage, medical and accident insurance is not included but is strongly recommended.
COST AND PAYMENT SCHEDULE
Cost = $5,100. Per person based on double occupancy
Single supplement = $800.
- $1,000. with application 180 days prior to departure (50% not refundable)
- Balance of payment is due 60 days prior to departure
Reserve your place today!
To reserve your place, please sign and return the Reservation Form as soon as possible with your deposit of $1,000.
Please make payment to:
Marco Avigo Tours
8311 Strahle Place
Philadelphia, PA 19111