Travel to Sicily, Italy
“A Journey discovering Sicily”
Wine and Food experiences through the cities of Catania, Taormina, Ragusa and Siracusa
April 13 – April 19, 2019
Contact us for information
Buon Viaggio e buon divertimento
Sicily, Italy Tour Program
April 13 – April 19, 2019
Maximum size group 12 to 14 people
Day 1 (Saturday)
Arrive to the airport of Catania- Transfer to our 4 stars hotel in Catania city with our private bus – In the afternoon visit the city of Catania (Historical center, underground Catania, Borgo S. Giovanni Licuti dinner in a typical restaurant.
Day 2 (Sunday)
After breakfast, transfer with our bus to the village of Taormina – visit to the city (Greek-Roman Tether, Historical Center, Isola Bella) Later in the afternoon, on our way back to the hotel, we will stop to the village of Acitrezza for a typical seafood dinner. After dinner we will return to the hotel.
Day 3 (Monday)
After breakfast, tour on the Etna Vulcan with a wine tasting in a typical winery. Return to Catania and rest of the day at your leisure. Dinner in a typical restaurant in Catania.
Day 4 (Tuesday)
After breakfast, transfer with our private bus to the city of Ragusa at our 4 star hotel. Visit to a cheese factory with tasting of typical Sicilian cheeses. In the afternoon, visit to the district of Ibla in Ragusa. Dinner in a typical restaurant in Ragusa
Day 5 (Wednesday)
After breakfast, transfer with our private bus, to the village of Vittoria to visit the winery Occhipinti. Here we will have a wine tasting with a light lunch. Return to the hotel. Rest of the day at your leisure Dinner in a typical restaurant.
Day 6 (Thursday)
After breakfast, transfer with our private bus, to the city of Siracusa at our 4 star hotel. During the journey, we will stop to the village of Marzamemi for a nice seafood lunch in a typical seaside restaurant. In the afternoon, in Siracusa, we will visit the Greek Temple of Apollonio, and the historical Center. Dinner in a typical restaurant.
Day 7 (Friday)
After breakfast, visit to the city of Siracusa (Cathedral with a Caravaggio painting, Archeological Park, Artusa’s Font, Market of Ortigia with Sicilian gastronomic specialty) Dinner in a typical restaurant.
Day 8 (Saturday)
After breakfast transfer with our private bus to the airport of Catania. Return to USA.
PLEASE READ WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Accommodation in four stars hotels, in Catania, Ragusa and Siracusa
- Private air-conditioned motor coach for trips, transfer and excursions
- Continental Breakfast throughout the trip
- One Seafood lunch in Marzamemi
- Six wine dinners – two in Catania, one in Acitrezza, two in Ragusa, one in Syracuse
- Excursions to Taormina
- Escursion to Etna Vulcan
- Visit to two Wineries, one on the Etna, one in Ragusa
- Visit to a cheese Factory in Ragusa
- All tips and taxes when included with the group
- Portage of maximum of two pieces of luggage per person (one medium – one small)
- Marco and Sara Avigo will personally host you through your entire tour
PLEASE READ WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- Personal items, such as additional food and beverage orders, telephone, room service and laundry service, special arrangements before and after the program; service charges, taxes, insurance, and others items not specifically mentioned as included
- Insurance for trip cancellations, luggage loss or damage, medical and accident insurance is not included but is strongly recommended
COST AND PAYMENT SCHEDULE
Cost = $3,450 Per person based on double occupancy
Single Supplement = $600
- $950. with application by November 20, 2018 (50% not refundable)
- Balance of payment is due 60 days prior to departure (February 13, 2019)
Reserve your place today!
To reserve your place, please sign and return the reservation form as soon as possible with your deposit of $950. Please make payment to:
Marco Avigo Tours
8311 Strahle Place
Philadelphia, PA 19111